The day after Halloween is the first day of the holiday day season. For some people this is invigorating as they blast the holiday music and rush to the nearest Starbucks to order the first pumpkin spice latte of the season. For others, all they can think about is, “how am I going to pay for everything ahead?”.
The good news is that there are a few ways to make money without having to get a second job. That is if you are willing to look and be strategic.
- Paid Surveys. If you did not know, you can take online surveys from your desktop or phone and earn cash or gift cards just for sharing your opinion. Survey Junkie has recently reduced their payout from $10 to $5 which means you can cash out more frequently than before which is handy if you need extra cash and quick! If you want to maximize your earnings, become a pulse member by downloading the desktop extension so you are notified in real time of the best and most exclusive surveys on the site. These surveys typically pay out the most and have the lowest disqualifications too which means you will not waste time taking surveys that are not for you and more time earning money. If you like taking surveys on the go, download the app through your device’s app store and take surveys from anywhere in the USA, Canada or Australia.
- Selling Old Stuff. “Out with the old, in with the new” or “One man’s junk is another man’s treasure” should inspire you to list that holiday dress you wore a few times over the years but now needs to be retired. Yes, you could donate it and get a tax write off but if you try to sell it on Poshmark or Ebay, you just might make more money and give it to someone who really wants it. Double win!
- Freelance. Are you an amazing writer or are you good at designing images for the web? These are just a few of the types of jobs that people around the world are looking to have outsource for their business or school projects and you could be their next contractor. Go to sites like Fiverr or Upwork and list your talents and you could make anywhere from a few dollars to thousands of dollars for your talent.
- Sell you photos. Have you noticed that your photos get lots of likes and views on your social media outlets? Why post them for free when you can earn money for them? Check out Shutterstock or Getty Images to see what opportunities are available.
- Dog Sitting. Do you love dogs but don’t want to own one? If so, you might be able to ‘borrow’ one from time to time through an app called Rover. With the holidays and people traveling, now is the best time to look into dog sitting and to earn money just for doing something you love.