Whether you’re working from home, furloughed, or out of a job right now, we all could take note of some of the programs available that could help you save hundreds of dollars each month! Below, I will share a list of things you can do today to help you make money and save money during this time:
How to Make Money
- Take Online Surveys. What’s great about taking online surveys is that you can do them from anywhere, whenever you want, and with the choice of how much you want to earn each time (point value of the survey)! SurveyJunkie.com will pay you in cash via bank transfer when you earn just 500 points, which is equivalent to $5, making it one of the fastest payout sites out there.
- Become an Instacart Shopper. If you’re at high risk, I wouldn’t recommend becoming a shopper, as the reward doesn’t outweigh the risk. Having said that, if you’re well protected, being an Instacart shopper will help pay the bills and allow you to shop for your own groceries at the same time!
- Tutor Online. Adults are not the only ones affected from COVID-19, as millions of kids are out of school too. Parents are now spending their time working from home AND teaching their kids. The first month was manageable, but with no end in sight, parents need a sustainable plan for educating their children while earning an income. Look into tutoring programs in your area and earn some money if you have a skill for teaching kids of all ages.
- Sell Stuff. Remember those days when you were so busy and you said to yourself, “if only I had time I would sell some of that stuff in the garage and attic”? Well, now is your chance to do exactly that! Take one day and look through all of your items, search what they’re currently selling for locally on Craigslist or OfferUp, and get rid of them!
How to Save Money
- Push Back Credit Card Payments. According to an article on Business Insider, most major credit card companies are now offering to push back payment minimums for the month without charging any late fee. If you happen to bank with Chase, Bank of America, Capital One or American Express, to name just a few, call your bank or check their website to see what special deals they’re offering now.
- Push Back Tuition & College Loans. If you’re currently a student or have graduated with public school loans, you could qualify to have your school loans reduced or even stopped altogether. Check out Student Aid for more information.
- Pause Memberships. Are you part of a gym but haven’t used it for a few months now? Most places are very understanding during these times and will allow you to pause your membership and pocket the money each month. If you’re really struggling, it might be worth looking into.
- Shop Small & Check for Local Deals. If you’re sick of being a line cook and your arms and mind could use a rest, look into getting takeout from a local restaurant. Most of them could use the business right now and they’re also offering really good deals on their food. It is a win win.
- Switch Your Cell Phone Plan. If you’re on a cell phone plan that charges you for data but you’re home these days, why not reduce your plan and save?