Survey Junkie is a popular side hustle for those looking to make a little more in life, whether that’s in savings, monthly income, new investments, splurges, or something else entirely. We believe that our success stems from your success as a member, and we’re here to help you achieve more in whatever shape that takes.
That’s why we’ve put together an insider’s guide to help you make the most of your Survey Junkie experience. Between fun monthly promos and social giveaways, there are so many ways to participate and reach your earnings goals. We also have some advice for how you can minimize common survey-taking frustrations, like disqualification.
Whether you’re a long-term member or simply looking for a new side hustle, we’re here to help you earn the most with Survey Junkie. Your opinion really does matter to companies and they’re willing to pay for it, so let us help make that happen.
1. Take advantage of the onboarding points.
Did you know that you receive points just for signing up and completing your Survey Junkie profiles? Get yourself up and running on Survey Junkie, and you’re already 160 points closer to your first redemption of $5 before you even take your first survey. Here’s how:
- Sign up (+25 points)
- Confirm your email address (+25 points)
- Complete your general profile (+50 points)
- Complete your category-specific profiles (+60 points)
As you get yourself set up, here are a few other things to keep in mind:
- The email you use to sign up is permanently locked into the platform for security purposes. You must create a new account if you change your email in the future.
- The bank account information you provide for redemption can only be updated through our Member Support team once, in exceptional cases.
- Your PayPal email and bank information cannot be used for multiple accounts, even if there are multiple people in the same household using Survey Junkie.
Get started now, here.
2. Update your general and category-specific profiles regularly.
Your Survey Junkie profiles are key to optimizing your earnings. They’re used to match you with surveys that align with your lifestyle and interests, so we recommend keeping them up to date.
Why does this matter? Brands often need input from a particular type of person based on who they are trying to reach or sell their product or service.
It is important to note that brands may have additional criteria beyond what is included in your profile so just because you’re an initial match for a survey doesn’t mean you will qualify for that survey. But complete and updated profiles will optimize your survey matches and overall success.
3. Maximize your earnings with monthly Rewards Boosts.
Survey Junkie is always looking for ways to help you earn more. We offer monthly Rewards Boosts that allow members to earn bonus points for completing a set number of surveys daily within a dedicated time frame. The points and time frames for each Rewards Boost will vary so be sure to read the rules carefully.
These opportunities are a great way to boost your earnings while participating in a fun challenge.
4. Take your time with surveys and answer honestly to minimize disqualification.
Survey responses can only yield value for brands if they are accurate and honest. While it may seem like a good idea to speed through a survey for fast points, Survey Junkie has systems in place to detect this type of activity and disqualify survey participants. Additionally, if you answer questions differently within a survey than you did in your general profile, this will lead to disqualification as well.
Because brands often need input from a particular type of person, someone with specific life experiences, not everyone qualifies for every survey. The information you provide within your general profile is used to match you with surveys, so it’s important to ensure your profile is accurate and up to date.
In addition to a specific audience, brands and organizations require a specific audience size. Once a survey reaches the required number of survey completes, the survey will close.
It’s possible for a survey to fill up while you are taking it because thousands of people are on the platform taking surveys at any given moment.
Disqualification can be very frustrating, especially after you’ve spent time on a survey so make sure you take your time and answer accurately to minimize the possibility. It will pay off in the long run.
5. Keep track of survey details.
Your time and opinions are extremely important. That’s why we highly recommend keeping track of survey details, especially those with higher point values and time commitments. Take note of Survey IDs and the survey provider as you’re taking surveys. And when relevant, take screenshots of any survey errors that you encounter in the process.
Keeping track of these items will ensure that you get compensated for your time and efforts on a survey, should you ever experience an error or technical difficulties with a survey. If this happens, please send details to [email protected] so that our team can look into the issue.
6. Turbocharge your earnings by sharing digital activity through Survey Junkie Pulse.
Your opinion is valuable, and connecting it with your online activity can be even more powerful. Opting in to share your online activity through Survey Junkie Pulse is the way to turbocharge your earnings by way of guaranteed monthly points and exclusive surveys.
Once you’re a Survey Junkie member, you can opt in to Pulse via desktop or mobile device:
- Install Pulse on your desktop or mobile device, or both if you like!
- On desktop (Windows or Mac), go to the left bar on your dashboard, click “Add Desktop App” and follow the prompts.
- On the Android mobile app, click “Mobile Pulse” at the bottom of the screen and follow the prompts.
- On desktop (Windows or Mac), go to the left bar on your dashboard, click “Add Desktop App” and follow the prompts.
- Remain active on your device/s for a minimum of five online sessions monthly – you probably do that daily anyway!
- Keep an eye out for your Pulse-exclusive surveys.
Your monthly points (50) are rewarded after 30 days of installation. If you keep Pulse installed for one full year, you can earn 750 points on Pulse desktop and 600 points on Pulse mobile, or 1350 points on both devices – with your monthly points alone.
Automatic monthly points. Exclusive surveys. Unmatched brand influence. Pulse comes with perks, get yours today! For more details, see here.
7. Follow Survey Junkie on Facebook to be the first to hear about our 1000-point giveaways.
Survey Junkie offers limited 1000-point ($10) giveaways on our Facebook page providing an additional way for members to earn points and have some fun with fellow members. Our giveaways feature timely and trending topics, giving members an opportunity to join the conversation and maybe even score 1,000 points. Be sure to follow Survey Junkie on Facebook to stay in the loop on the latest giveaways.
8. Get acquainted with your verification options.
Survey Junkie takes pride in the integrity of our platform, and the security of our members. To maintain this high standard and prevent fraudulent activity, members must undergo a verification process before redemption to ensure honest and accurate information.
- Online verification: Members provide their full name, address and phone number; they must enter the verification code they receive on their phone via text or call.
- Call verification: Members undergo a brief 1-2 minute call with our Member Support team to answer standard questions. These calls are conducted Monday – Friday between 8am – 5pm PST in the US, or at an appropriate time zone outside of the US.
- ID verification: Members must submit standard photos of the front and back of their government-issued ID to confirm their residence in the country they’ve listed on their SJ account, along with a current selfie to compare with the ID photo.
The standard online verification is instantaneous on the Survey Junkie platform. However, members may be subject to call verification or ID verification to confirm their identity in the future for security checks.
We recommend getting familiar with these options early so that you don’t experience any delays in the future.
9. Keep an eye on your earnings.
We want to help you rack up those points! As your points grow, please be aware that U.S. residents earning over $600 within the same calendar year on Survey Junkie must fill out a W-9 form so that we can issue you a 1099 document. To prepare for this, we require you to complete your W-9 once you reach 55,000 points or $550.
The W-9 form can be accessed here and sent back to [email protected] once you reach the 55,000 point threshold. If you reside outside of the United States, please check your country’s requirement for earning and reporting income.
For security purposes, members who earn over 5,500 points ($55) must also go through a manual withdrawal process. This typically entails a brief phone call with our Member Support team to confirm details. We recommend cashing out before you reach that threshold to avoid any delays.
If you reach either of these thresholds (or both!), it’s a good thing – and means you’re well on your way to making more with Survey Junkie!
10. Fit Survey Junkie into your lifestyle, anywhere you go.
The beauty of Survey Junkie is that members can choose what, when and how they share, earning rewards in a way that suits their unique schedule. Once you download the mobile app, you’ll have money-making opportunities everywhere you go – in line for morning coffee, on the commute to work, or even picking up your child from school. Survey Junkie helps you take advantage of them!
Survey Junkie is available via the Google Play and Apple app stores. Navigate to the Survey Junkie app page and download the application. You will be able to create an account or login with your existing account information if you’re already a member.
Find a time of day that works for you, and start taking surveys. Share more, earn more and make it worth your while.
11. Familiarize yourself with each redemption method.
Survey Junkie members can cash out beginning at 500 points or $5 for valuable rewards including cash through PayPal or bank transfer, and gift cards for Amazon, Target, Walmart, Sephora, Starbucks, Visa, Apple, and more. The best part is you can choose what option best suits your earning needs.
Below is an overview of each option and its availability for members, so you can determine which is best for you:
- Bank transfer is only available for our U.S. members. Members must first verify their address and phone number before they can add their unique bank account and routing number.
- PayPal is available for all members globally and is the only payout option for non-US members. Some members will have to verify their Survey Junkie account through Photo ID verification to redeem with PayPal. Please confirm your PayPal email address on Survey Junkie, and verify your account on PayPal before redeeming.
- Gift cards are only available for our U.S. members. Some members will have to verify their Survey Junkie account through Photo ID verification. Please confirm your email address for receiving your gift cards on Survey Junkie before redeeming.
12. Keep an eye out for Survey Junkie emails to be the first to take surveys.
We send surveys to members via email as soon as they become available on our platform. Monitor your inbox for updates so that you can take advantage of surveys before they fill up. At any given time, thousands of members are taking surveys so getting ahead of the surge will help set you up for success. Survey Junkie also sends updates about promos and giveaways via email, so keeping track of your inbox is the best way to stay in the loop.
13. Make survey-taking part of a consistent routine to earn more over time.
You won’t get rich taking surveys and it’s not meant to take the place of a full-time job. But if you’re consistent, Survey Junkie can give you a little extra income to cover unexpected costs, chip away at monthly expenses or set aside some cash for extracurricular activities.
Your individual earnings depend on the time you choose to commit, the ways you participate and your earnings goal. Complete three surveys daily and earn as much as $40 monthly. It may not seem like a lot, but it can add up in the long-term!
14. Check both your desktop and mobile app for different surveys.
Most members don’t realize that there are actually different survey opportunities for mobile and desktop devices. If you’re not seeing any surveys on one platform, be sure to check Survey Junkie across all devices to access the most surveys and earn more.
Follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way to making the most out of your Survey Junkie experience. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].